Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Meet DrawSumthinCool Client: Dan!

I've always loved drawing things for people -  it keeps me from cheating. When I am on my own I fall back on what's easy. I don't challenge myself and I get complacent.

When I take requests, sometimes I am thrown a curve that makes me think. It makes me work harder and helps me become a better artist. The hours toiling away at the drawing table are paid off by my favorite part of the process -  hearing back from people that they love what I drew for them. It gives me such an incredible sense of satisfaction.

That's one of the reasons why I decided to do a round of open requests for the new DSC mini line.

My plan now is to take a picture of each client with their finished drawing commission.


My first post on this theme is my pal Dan. He has always been one of my biggest fans. He was one of the first people to put in a request when I asked for drawing ideas for my first DSC minis.

His request was for Alf chasing his cats. He admitted the strange irony for his love the the 80's pop icon Alf, and Alf's fondness for consuming the feline species.

I hope you enjoy the art, Dan! Thanks, man!


No comments: